We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Northern Hemisphere September 2010  (Read 17800 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Northern Hemisphere September 2010
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2010, 05:05:27 AM »
Poul, do you have a picture of the LEAVES of Empodium because I have what someone gave me as an Empodium but it hasn't flowered in 5 years. Makes good leaves though! ::)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

pehe

• Autumn flowering bulbs
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
Thank you David. I am proud of some part of my garden... ;) Other parts I am not so proud to show here :-[

Lesley, I have no pic of Empodium leaves, as I received the bulbs this season. I will show you when the leaves come.

Poul
Poul Erik Eriksen in Hedensted, Denmark - Zone 6

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »
Poul, do you have a picture of the LEAVES of Empodium because I have what someone gave me as an Empodium but it hasn't flowered in 5 years. Makes good leaves though! ::)

Lesley, this any good?

http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Empodium
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
Thanks David. It's good to the extent that I'm thinking what I thought was Empodium maybe isn't. I can't take a pic of the leaves at present but will do when able. But they are not deeply pleated or even really pleated at all, just rather striped but not colour stripes, more texture stripes. They come up each year but no flowers. Were given to me by a north-of-Auckland friend but then he's given me many odd things over time so I may have something entirely different. ???
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal