We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Crocus September 2010  (Read 23122 times)

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
Re: Crocus September 2010
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
Gerd, I like C. nudiflorus. He has a wonderful redpurple colour in contrast to the orange stylus.
Einen schwedischen Crocus speciosus kenne ich allerdings bisher nicht ;D.
Hagen,
Thanks for compliments!
The speciosus of Swedish origin was donated by a generous Swedish forum member who told that this crocus lives since 7 decades in his country - well adapted to northern conditions. So I dare to call him Swedish - although of course this isn't the ancient origin.  ;)
Gerd
Hallo Gerd,
I just saw your post. I am glad it looks so well. Just a question: In my place it is much earlier than the commercial stock. Is it earlier also in your place?
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
Hallo Gerd,
I just saw your post. I am glad it looks so well. Just a question: In my place it is much earlier than the commercial stock. Is it earlier also in your place?
Göte

Göte,
It seems your crocus is an early form. I can't compare it with a commercial stock but Erich Pasche, who lives only 25 km from here told me that his C. speciosus from different provenances started to flower just now.

Gerd

Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

gote

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »
Meine sind bald vorbei. Weniger als die Hälfte ist noch blühend. Es ist gut zu wissen daß es eine permanente eigenschaft ist und nicht nur mein Klima.
Grüße
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

gote

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
Oops sorry I did not notice I was writing in German. I found it good that the earliness was in the genes and not because of my location.
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
Oops sorry I did not notice I was writing in German. I found it good that the earliness was in the genes and not because of my location.
Göte
The earliest of my speciosus forms started blooming from last days of July or in first week of August. Unfortunately all stock was destroyed by rodents.
Janis
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal