We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: serapias  (Read 3398 times)

VIEIRA

serapias
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:54:08 PM »
hello!
my serapias cordigera.

everything of good!

Jorge viera

Batalha- portugal

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: serapias
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 12:07:32 AM »
This one is a stunning colour Jorge. I love these and must try to get some from my man in Tasmania next summer.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:01:11 PM »
Beautiful strength of colour in the flower isn't there.  Much better than the S. lingua that I grow, the only species of the genus that I have ever come across.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
Marcus Harvey lists two. Not that one though.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:30 AM »
Lesley,

Yeah, I bought S. lingua from Marcus a few years back as I already had S. neglecta...... then found out that my S. neglecta was actually lingua (I think it was that way around.... I guess I'd better do the research again and work out which way it was, unless I wrote on the pot that I got from Marcus as that was the one that was correctly named)!!  I never remember to get the neglecta from him, although there isn't a HUGE difference between them from memory.  S. lingua does brilliantly for me, multiplying very well and thriving on sheer neglect.  I had them in a 6 inch black plastic pot for about 5 years before repotting them the year I got the one from Marcus.  That was 3 or 4 years ago I think, and I only just repotted them this year again.  I don't even recall whether I sprinkled bulb food in that time or not. They also flowered every year as well.  No protection from frost or anything like that (although there was perhaps a slight overhang from some other things, but definitely not "protected").  Delightful little flowers.  Do you want me to rustle up a pic for you?
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 04:49:52 AM »
Yes please.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal