We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wisley Log 08-26 April 2010  (Read 2046 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Wisley Log 08-26 April 2010
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
Lovely stuff Paul. You say that the Lachanalias are the latest of your South African bulbs to flower and I wonder if you still start them into growth at the beginning of September? Do you keep them frost free?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
Re: Wisley Log 08-26 April 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
Hi David,
Yes I do start all my South African bulbs into growth in September and keep them all forst-free. It is only some of the Lachenalia that flower this late, other species flower much earlier. Actually, the very last thing to flower for me is usually Ornithogalum dubium

Cheers

Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »
Another wonderful issue Paul !
The Polonium viscosum is absolutely superb !
I once saw it "live", I believe in the Beartooth Range in the US, fell in love with it and have been looking for it ever since.
Unfortunately, on every occasion when I ordered it from a seed exchange I ended up with the much larger Polemonium caeruleum....  :'( :'( :'(
So if ever it were to set seed..  ;)
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

arisaema

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
Luc;

Send your address, I should have some old seeds and/or a couple of cuttings for you.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal