We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Seed collectors in Alaska/Yukon/BC? (Corydalis pauciflora/arctica)  (Read 1783 times)

arisaema

Are there anyone collecting seeds for sale in NW Canada or Alaska? I'm looking for fresh seeds of Corydalis pauciflora :)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Seed collectors in Alaska/Yukon/BC? (Corydalis pauciflora/arctica)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
I can't help you with the seeds.... but, by coincidence, this plant is mentioned in the April issue of International Rock Gardener e-magazine, which will go online on Firday 30th April!
Watch this space: http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=international     :D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

arisaema

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
Ooh, look forward to it! Thanks, Maggi :)

arisaema

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
Seeing Hans Roemer's wonderful picture makes me want to try it even more, so I'm bumping the request. :)

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »
i agree--great species--and i agree with hans that there should be more species in general from the northern rockies in circulation--it bugs me that i can easily get tons of seed/plants from the rockies in the u.s., from europe, asia, heck, patagonia! and selections from the canadian rockies are scarce at best :( and i can't just go collect myself, since all the alpine areas within reach are national parks... (lower altitude zones i can collect seed, but haven't even found a process for permits for the parks, likely doesn't exist for private collection)

arisaema

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »
Do you need a permit? We are free to pick both seeds and berries in natural parks, but then we're free to do so on other people's private land as well - so I guess Norway may be an exception.

(Edit: spelling)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:30:37 AM by arisaema »

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
Do you need a permit? We are free to pick both seeds and berries in natural parks, but then we're free to do so on other people's private lad as well - so I guess Norway may be an exception.

so far i have not found much information, except the basic that it is forbidden to remove anything from national parks..
as to going on private land, that is entirely up to the landowner! probably your rules come from your tradition of harvesting wild berries...not so much of a tradition for that here..
on provincial forest land in alberta (quite different from parks) there are permits for digging trees to plant, taking christmas trees, and firewood...i know nothing about other provinces, but there are provincial and national parks, natural and wilderness areas, ecological preserves (also of course nothing can be taken there), etc etc

claykoplin

• Point Barrow Alaska
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
I collect wild seed in coastal Alaska and donate to the seed exchange.  I will look of C. pauciflora and see if we have it in our environs.

Clay Koplin
Cordova, Alaska
in Cordova, Alaska

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal