We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SOUTHPORT AGS SHOW 19th MAY 2007 (70TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT)  (Read 7216 times)

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: SOUTHPORT AGS SHOW 19th MAY 2007 (70TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »
Lovely images Mick....sorry I missed you at the show....we were probably visiting the local library, museum, concert hall, church, fitness club or pub (please delete as appropriate).....small hint, Diane Clement, Martin Rogerson, the Smethursts, the Dowers, etc., etc. all tagged along.....

Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »
you guys are sooo spoilt when it comes to shows. We only have the 2 - Ulster and Dublin group. How many do you go to each year?
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:07 PM »
The past few years, I've gone to  about 13 - 15.  Sometimes it's almost too many, doesn't give time to actually look after the plants when the shows are every week without a break.  But it gets to be an addiction and if there isn't one, I sort of miss it. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:05:56 PM by Diane Clement »
Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
Mick, thanks for the extra pix... I do think the three flowers standing shoulder to shoulder on the Celmisia philocremna remind me of the Beverley Sisters...about to burst into song.
We don't see much of the Australian Diuris maculata up here... these Diuris have a surprised look with their wide "ears"... I do like a plant with personality!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

John Forrest

• Blackpool Bird Man
  • Blackpool Lancashire Northwest UK
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »
Great pics Cliff and Mick. I saw Cliff snapping away and was going to take some myself but decided to leg it off home to watch Man U thrash Chelsea but twas not to be (the ball was over the line Ref!!!) Let's hope that Livepool can make a better fist of it tomorrow.
Anthony my Cypripedium kentuckiensis is about to flower and has increased from 1 nose to 6 in 2 years but seems to be a bit of an aphid. the one kept in a pot as a banker has only increased to 2 during the same period. There seems to be a moral in there somewhere.
Blackpool Lancashire Northwest UK

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal