We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Some Corydalis and an ID request  (Read 1116 times)

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
Some Corydalis and an ID request
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »
Here are a few Leonticoides Corydalis from my greenhouse today - C. macrocentra and a group including C. maracandica (rather rangy, my other form is better), C. popovii and another form of C. macrocentra which is more compact when flowering starts. C. macrocentra is probably my favourite Corydalis because of the serial production of these lovely yellow flowers. The last picture shows a freebie I was sent with an order from now possibly defunct Wild Bulbs in Poland (I think) in 2003. It was described as Corydalis sp. Afghanistan. The picture isn't great, but it has many stems like this which are naked along most of their length and flop over very quickly, so it is an almost completely prostrate-growing plant with me. Can anyone help with an ID? Incidentally, I have tried to contact the WCG nursery several time since but never heard back. I see there was a discussion about it here in 2004 (http://www.srgc.org.uk/discus/messages/149/3760.html) but not much else - anyone know the score with this?

Ta!

Alex

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
Re: Some Corydalis and an ID request
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:21 PM »
No ID thoughts? Anything gratefully received!

On the subject of the nursery, I've just received, out of the blue, an email from Jan Jilek. Maybe he read my post here? He's been ill for a long time but says he's starting to sell plants again and will have a website up at the beginning of March. In the meantime, he enclosed a wholesale list which unfortunately is less useful to me since I can't accommodate 15 of anything!

Alex

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Some Corydalis and an ID request
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
I will be very interested if JJ does another seed list. Last time I bought from him I had 100% germination of most species.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal