We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hepatica  (Read 109775 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Hepatica
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
I aggre it would be very nice to have all the pics in a more ordered structure.
I very fine offer from Mark I must say. I do not want to say anything against such a nice offer but ....
Maybe an alternative could be the photogallery at the main web page. They have only three hepatica pics there.

Kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »
Lovely pics all!!

Chris, the 'Hakurin' is simple, yet stunning.  Beautiful.

Ian, those silver leaves are glorious.  Much more in the way of markings than I've seen before.  I love the Hepatica leaves even when not in flower, but those are even more impressive.

Great stuff everyone!!
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Rob

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
Should I re-pot these Hepatica seedlings, or is it better to leave them undisturbed for another year?

Midlands, United Kingdom

chris

• veen-helleborus
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »
hello Rob, if these where my Hepaticas than I will re-pot them because the mosses will overgrow your seedlings, if you leave them than I sugest to remove the mosses,
Chris Vermeire
http://home.scarlet.be/veen.helleborus/
Zomergem
Belgium

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2007, 08:14:24 PM »
an eating fork works well
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Rob

« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
I have repotted the Hepatica seedlings this morning. I wanted to see their roots, otherwise I would have just used a fork to get rid of the moss.

The first photo shows nine little hepaticas, and the second shows their house for the winter.

When I win the lottery I will get an alpine house like the one Chris built.
Midlands, United Kingdom

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
They look good. I must go and check on mine
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Gunhild Poulsen

• Gunhild and Thorkild Poulsen's Danish Garden
Hepatica
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »
This is the first time I try to send a message to the Hepatica forum, and I would like to show you one of my Hepatica japonica which flowers just now.
Maybe it does not look quite the same as when it flowers in spring, but I think it's beatiful.
It's 'Tentyou'

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
This is the first time I try to send a message to the Hepatica forum, and I would like to show you one of my Hepatica japonica which flowers just now.
Maybe it does not look quite the same as when it flowers in spring, but I think it's beatiful.
It's 'Tentyou'

Welcome to the Forum Gunhild that is a lovely Hepatica. You also have a very lovely garden, and with the added advantage of being an Auricula lover.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »
Hi to all, I have many Hepatica seedling some which are quite well established so we pot these up now and we also have many small seedlings these we simply potted into a bigger pot without disturbance with some good fresh compost, this was done in Sept. the seedlings now look very green and healthy so we will pot these up in spring. cheers Ian the Christie kind
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Gunhild Poulsen

• Gunhild and Thorkild Poulsen's Danish Garden
« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »
Thank you for your welcome and the fine words about my garden.
Honesly the Auriculas mostly are my husbonds, but I enjoy them to.

chris

• veen-helleborus
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »
helo Gunhild, it is fine to have you on the forum, I'm happy to have your adress back two months ago I have a computercrash (forgot to cut the power when there was a thunderstorm) and lost many of my contacts, it is a nice flower your H.'Tentyou'.
Rob, you dont have to win the lottery to build a alpine house like mine the most expensive on mine where the screwbolds,
I try to pot up my young seedlings in from september to november because the roots start to grow  from september on
Chris Vermeire
Zomergem
Belgium

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
Hepatica Spectacular at Wisley March 2008
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »
I thought I would also point out this event here - Maggi has posted the details in the Events topic at
http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=974.0 or you can see the details at the end of my Log number 8 at
http://www.srgc.org.uk/wisley/2007/071107/log.html

We hope this will be a great event for those who love Hepatica. We chose the time we hope that many will be flowering - but are worried in case they come too early or too late!! - Hepatica don't take very well to "forcing" or other manipulations of flowering time. All being well there should be lots to see. We were fortunate to inherit the well known Schlieter collection from Sweden after the sad death of this respected breeder. And we have a superb collection of the special Japanese forms after a benefactor donated many of these  :) All will be on display. Come and enjoy! - but for those who can't be with us, I'll be sure to take lot's of photos and write it all up in the log.
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

chris

• veen-helleborus
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
hi all, I hope to come to the Hepatica event, just have to ask my boss, and hope to see some people of this topic,
two plants who flower now:it was not easy to take the photo of Yuki Warabe with the pale color, this is the best of 12 pics
Chris Vermeire
Zomergem
Belgium

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »
Super photos, Chris, I can count every hair!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal