We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Janis Ruksans' 2011 catalogue is out!  (Read 8038 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Janis Ruksans' 2011 catalogue is out!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Thanks Maggi for the copy sent to me. I can only also thank God that I CAN'T use the list as if I could, the quantity and the prices of what I MIGHT order, would send me entirely crazy. So many to choose from and SO EXPENSIVE, the things I'd most want. In NZ dollars many of the irises are way over $100 each for a single bulb. I know Janis is justified in these prices what with the time taken to build stocks, the rarity and difficulty of many and his less that benign growing conditions, but if I could choose just a few, I'd be a nervous wreck in no time. My earnest hope is that everyone else will buy heaps and post the pictures on the Forum, the nearest I'll get to seeing them.

Happy growing everyone. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Susan Owl

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

In a post above Janis stated that he would himself email a catalogue to those interested. I asked for one last night & received it first thing this morning. Thanks Janis.

Thanks from me too. Janis sent the catalogue within only a few hours.  :D.
Susanne Deininger, near Berlin, Germany

angie

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Maggi did I see you said you don't mind sending a copy...could I please have a copy.
Never spent much on holiday so my plant piggy bank is looking good ;) need some bulb therapy now.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:05 AM »
thanks, maggi!
lesley-probably because i don't have many bulb plants at the moment, there are many things on the list that sound quite charming to me, which i think are quite low priced! so i can generally skip over the priciest rarities  ;D

of course the phyto (though not as expensive as from some other countries!) and overseas shipping quickly add up, though it is feasible, unlike many (not all) u.s. suppliers which wont even ship to canada for orders less than $100, if at all :(

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
For everyone who has never had a hard copy of Janis' catalogue it's very worth while sending him 5 Euro or 5 US Dollars. This will also put you on the mailing list.

With the copy that's due to arrive I will have 8 catalogues. I'm always going through them even if it's only to look at the photos of the plants.
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
Folks, I'm going to go through this thread and remove all the posts asking for copies.
I will send to anyone who asks, but I'll bump off the post afterwards to avoid pages on very little!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal