We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Seed exchange 2009/2010  (Read 13895 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Seed exchange 2009/2010
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
Excellent news, Ross  :)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
Still nothing from the AGS though. :(
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

claykoplin

• Point Barrow Alaska
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »
I was away from home on business last week and when I arrived home from the deep south (where temps were 20F in Atlanta, but 40F at home in Alaska), my SRGC seed was all waiting!  This mid-february delivery date is almost unprecedented for speed.  The US Aphis folks really turned it around quickly this time.  My laminated labels are just cooling, and the kitchen is full of pots and soil (much to the boss's chagrin) - there are still a couple of months of winter left for winter sowing.  The fours seasons of Alaska being June, July, August, and winter of course.
in Cordova, Alaska

Colin Dolding

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2010, 10:41:08 PM »
Hi Lesley,
 Sorry you have not received your AGS seed yet. It was picked early in the exchange and posted in the new year after we got going again between large deposits of snow! We included a personalised letter in with each New Zealand and Australian order to satisfy MAF and AQIS bods.
Unfortunately, like SRGC, we have had problems with erratic post both with seedlists and seed deliveries.
Thankfully we had a really good online system for ordering this year which received about 1000 orders but obviously we still have to rely on the snail for deliveries.
I am in touch with many NZ and Aust members who have informed me of some quick deliveries, some slow deliveries and some like yours of disappointment. Please keep in touch. Best wishes,
Colin

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
Thanks for this note Colin. I expect it's just held up by MAF and will appear in due course. Their ways, like God's are mysterious. Some things come through uninspected, others inspected quickly and others still, inspected but put aside if they're busy with something else. Or maybe someone didn't enjoy his breakfast or had a row with his wife and is taking it out on me. I'll put a note here, if and when.

Thanks
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
Colin, thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply here to Lesley.... very good of you.
The postal system seems to move in very mysterious ways... and when one adds in the MAF inspection and so on, there are only too many chances for mishaps.

It is a shame though, when members are waiting in expectation and the cost of postage is not getting any cheaper, that the service we get is getting worse....wrong leaves on the line, wrong sort of snow.... it'll be wrong sort of envelope next!
I know the delivery service locally is erratic to say the least....and it seems to be a problem endemic in the postal system; so frustrating for all the Seed Teams of the likes of SRGC and AGS who really do their best to get us our seed.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
My AGS seed arrived yesterday, on my birthday, thanks very much Colin. I see it was posted in the UK on 4th February so must have been in the hands of MAF for about a month! Some super things so it's up to me now. :)

Colin Dolding

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
Thank you for letting us know Lesley. Quite why it took so long I don't understand. Perhaps they were waiting for your Birthday!
Best wishes, Colin

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
I think Susan and Dave are still waiting for theirs, or were at the weekend, so the problem is obviously here rather than in the UK. Thanks Colin.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal