We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Mediterranean Aristolochias  (Read 3025 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Mediterranean Aristolochias
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 01:10:54 AM »
Lesley,

Thank you, I'd love a few seeds if you can spare them.  If it is growing outside for you then I am guessing it should survive winters here.  It is on our quarantine allowed list, as are a whole bunch of different species I have never heard of.  I like the idea of little species.... I know someone has posted pics here on the forums before, which is where I first heard about them (as I mentioned before).  Actually, if I had the space and climate I like the idea of the big species too, but I know they won't survive here.  ::)  Sometimes I can be logical about the things I try to grow.  ;D Sometimes.  ;)

These forums are just so bad for my collecting habit!!  :o
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Darren

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
I hope to see cretica again in April when I return to Crete, it is a lovely thing. There is some cultivation advice for it in the AGS encyclopedia which suggests that at least one person (the author) has grown it.

Meanwhile - Daniel, A. paecilantha was listed very recently (2008) in Jim Archibalds seed list and they may still have it. I got some about a year ago but no sign of germination yet.

Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
Paul, remind me soon after Christmas.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Daniel Piacek

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 07:13:10 AM »
Darren,do you have mail adress to Jim Archibald / www.sites don´t work/.If you will have some cretica seeds ,spare some for me ,please.   thanks               daniel

Darren

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

I won't be collecting any plant material or seed on my holidays.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:17:17 PM by Maggi Young »
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal