We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Namibian bulbs  (Read 7307 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Namibian bulbs
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »
I suppose if you had a puncture on the 4WD you could use it for a spare tyre? :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
Amazing!
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

angie

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »
Mark
Thanks for the link, very intersting

Roma

I never new we had a Dioscorea elephantipes in Edinburgh :o Thanks for finding the pictures I never thought they would grow so big.

I have a couple of Dioscorea i agree with Mark they look like a tortoise. I have a lot of these caudiciforms , they were my sisters plants but she died last year and I have been trying to look after them but it would be nice if I could find them a home, there is all different kinds but if anyone is interested l could get the names
The two Dioscorea are about 7" wide, maybe they might be of interest to someone.

Angie
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »
Roma that is great to see. I remember seeing it at Edinburgh over many years

Mine has just started into growth and sits on the utility room windowsill all year.Its a little way to go before it is that large.
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal