We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Glenwhan Gardens  (Read 2539 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Glenwhan Gardens
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »
As the weather was holding up, we decided it was time to investigate Glenwhan down on the Solway coast.  We had visited the gardens last about 5 years ago and it was looking promising, so what had happened in the intervening years.  The gardens are now taking on the appearance of maturity.  It will take about another 20 years to reach real maturity by which time it will be stunning, provided no natural disasters befall it. It should look its best in May when the azaleas and rest of the Rhododendrons are in full flower.  Remember, this is a private garden without a squad of gardeners.  Not many of us would have taken on a challenge like this, turning a scrubby hillside into such a beautiful garden.
I hope the pictures will give you a flavour of what it is like.  My apologies for the lack of names on some of the pictures but I could not find their lables.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
Re: Glenwhan Gardens
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
I really don't know what is going on here.  Try again
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
If you squint at the two pictures of Matador and go cross-eyed, you may be able to see them in stereo.
At least that is the best excuse I can think of for making a pig's ear of this !
The last batch.......phew.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »
Good pictures Tom, and I was particularly pleased to see them as we are coming up from Norfolk in Mid May and Glenwhan is on our itinerary, nice to have a preview and to know what to expect.
Brian
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal