We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cowichan primula seeds  (Read 2236 times)

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
Cowichan primula seeds
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:05 AM »
I don't often (ever?) contribute to the "Primula" thread as I don't live in primula country - far too hot and dry at certain times of the year to grow them really successfully. However, many years ago I grew several "Cowichan" selections for a time and liked them very much indeed - I now have the insane desire to try them once again!

Do you or will you have seeds available for sale or swap any time soon? I will not be able to swap primulas with you, but I will certainly have a selection of bulb and succulent seeds available to send to you in exchange. Thanks   :)
Rogan Roth, near Swellendam, Western Cape, SA
Warm temperate climate - zone 10-ish

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Cowichan primula seeds
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
I have no seed available Rogan but my own plants should produce some early next Summer (2010). If you can't wait that long and if no-one else can help you could not do better than to look at Barnhaven Primroses Web Site at http://www.barnhavenprimroses.com/index.php

They have the best range of Cowichan seed available and will supply anywhere in the world.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions David. I have ordered some (...and more!) from Barnhaven this morning :)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »
Glad you found it of use Rogan.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:14:55 PM »
I was planning to order some and some others as well, as soon as their new list is sent out but maybe I'd better preempt that and order now.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:33 AM »
Go for it Lesley! :D I just luv Polyanthus and have often considered moving to a cooler climate just so I can grow them more successfully, however things like children's education, my job, etc. always intervene! I have several trays of "heritage" polyanthus in full bloom in my courtyard at the moment, sadly they really start to suffer as our weather warms up; I'll have to move them to a cooler position soon.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal