We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Looking 4 good colored crocus mathewii in exchange for rare Liliums  (Read 1104 times)

winwen

Hi,

on two occasions in the past, I bought some crocus mathewii-bulbs (always from the same nursery) but unfortunately none of them  was nearly as deep colored as the beautiful plants in Ian Young's bulblog or the fantastic crocuses (from art600 I think) shown in the forum. I know that c. mathewii is quite variable in coloring but having only plants looking linke having been "washed out" is not really funny  :-\.
I therefore would like to ask, if someone could help me getting some of the really beautiful colored c. mathewii (bulbs or seeds).
For exchange, I could offer seeds and bulbs of Lilium alexandrae, L. nobilissimum, bulbs of L. majoense and possibly bulbs of L. ledebourii or white L. japonicum f. albomarginatum.
Best time for exchange would be in spring next year - I think!
Vienna/Austria (USDA Zone 7b)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal