We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyrtanthus clavatus  (Read 2261 times)

Alessandro.marinello

Cyrtanthus clavatus
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
today in flower :)
Padova N-E Italy climate zone 8

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
Re: Cyrtanthus clavatus
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »
What an interesting species - nice large flowers!

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:20:22 PM »
Very nice, Alessandro.  The flower looks very similar to the one I have had flower from seed I received as Cyrtanthus sanguineus x [C. sanguineus x C. lodiggesiana].  Enough so that I am wondering whether mine is your species and not a hybrid after all?  I've posted pics of my seedling elsewhere, but am awaiting flowering of the other seedlings in the future to see whether there is any variation (because if there isn't then what I have is likely not a hybrid at all).  Beautiful flower on yours, that is for sure. 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Heinie

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
That is a beautiful flower and photos Alessandro.
Regards
Heinie
poussion@telkomsa.net
Cape Town, South Africa

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »
Very nice indeed Alessandro.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Alessandro.marinello

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
Hello all, I have lost a pot, and this year a single flower, I hope for the next year of having still this species. of the photos of the slid year

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 11:57:01 PM »
Alessandro,

That one looks very different to the first one, shape-wise.  Are they different seedlings, or is it something in the growing conditions?
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Alessandro.marinello

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
Paul
The closing bulbs are same them

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »
Sorry Alessandro, I can't work out what you're saying in your last post. I think it is the first one I haven't been able to work out.

It never ceases to amaze me how well all the non-English speakers do on this forum.... it is so rare that I can't work out what is said.  For any of you reading this, thanks so much for taking the time to work things out in English.  You're absolute heroes for doing so.... if I ever had to convert anything I said into another language I'd probably end up creating some kind of profanity accidentally!  :o  You have my sincere thanks and eternal admiration!!  8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.

Alessandro.marinello

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
Paul
the bulbs in flower are same them of the past year :-[
To me it appeals to a lot to converse but I cannot, I must limit to me, otherwise ...... :-X
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:26:27 PM by Alessandro.marinello »

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »
Thanks Alessandro.  Now I understand.  That was a pic of the same bulbs, but in a previous year?  Interesting how different the shape appears.

As I said, I've had no postings from you that I couldn't understand, other than that one, so I don't think you need to worry too much about your language skills in English.  You, and so many other here, are doing brilliantly.  Keep up the good work!  ;) ;D
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal