We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Alchemilla alpina  (Read 4048 times)

fayjmck

Alchemilla alpina
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »
Need a quantity of this plant and so far I am finding it very hard to find - I currently have 10 and need 100!!
Happy to pay going rate but finding myself somewhat at a loss to get material - can anyone help??
Would be very grateful!
Many thanks
Fayjmck

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
Re: Alchemilla alpina
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »
You could try Jim Sutherland at Ardfearn Nursery by Inverness - 01463 243250. I don't think he does e-mail.A hundred is quite a lot, are you trying to re-populate one of the islands?
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

fayjmck

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Hi David
Afraid not repopulating islands - it's for an agronomic trial to produce enough foliage to look into the chemical compounds from the leaves - we keep our challenges a plentiful up here in Orkney!

Thanks for the number - am trying to get hold of him......

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »
Hello, Fay, welcome to the Forum.
Have you tried the RHS plantfinder to source the plants? Here is the url for the search I just made:
http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPlantFinder/plantfinder2.asp?crit=Alchemilla%20and%20alpina&Genus=Alchemilla

It shows 23 suppliers of Alchemilla alpina... you might have to do business with several to get your quota!
Good luck!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:33:32 PM »
And of course if you are not in a desperate hurry, you could collect seed from your 10. It's very easy to raise a quantity that way.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fayjmck

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
Emailed phoned etc all twenty three listed in the plant finder- most people only have small quantities (or none!) of it that have responded so far - I don't have time to raise seed - we need leaf material this year unfortunately!
Well - hopefully someone will have some...thanks very much for your help.
Cheers
Fay

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal