General Subjects > Alpines

Anemonellas

(1/2) > >>

Diane Clement:
Following all the interest in Hepaticas, I thought people might be interested in sharing pics of Anemonellas.  The Japanese have been selecting and breeding in a similar way to hepaticas but there's a lot of catching up to do.  Here's a few of mine to start the ball rolling, should be some more later on.
Anemonella thalictroides single white
ditto, double green (thanks to Chris V)
ditto, double pink (very nice Japanese cv)

Carlo:
I grow 'Betty Blake' 'Oscar Schoaff' and a couple of others. They are bone hardy here...and were also impossible to lose in Wisconsin where they went through several winters in pots totally neglected.

They are now considered Thalictrum thalictroides--although like many who grow them, I still like the name Anemonella.

Carlo

Susan Band:
One of the main problems with identifying anemonellas that the flower changes so much when ageing . I know I have bought what I thought are different ones only to get them home and find out that after a few days they turn into something I already have, or something I have develops into the 'new one' The worst offender are the green doubles, they can change they looks 3 or 4 times from start to finish.

henkw:
Dear Diane,

I have also Thalictrum thalictroides Alba under this name but the leaves are a total different colour more brownish.

Is this a different specie?

Susan Band:
Henk,
Same species, different form. Better in my humble opinion.
Sowing seed from these can give slightly different plants, if you choose a good pink one you gan select them darker and darker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version