We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Important Request to Crocus Enthusiasts  (Read 1934 times)

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Important Request to Crocus Enthusiasts
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
I am starting to compile a Summer Newsletter for the Crocus Group.  In the past my predecessor, David Stephens conjured up articles by asking his crocus friends to write something! 

So here I am asking for the help of my Crocus friends.  I am looking for articles about Crocus.  These could be short or long, about plants in the wild or in cultivation.  Please consider writing something - it will be a very short newsletter without your help :-\  There have been many fantastic posts in this section of the forum, many of you have experiences worth sharing.  The CG membership is worldwide so articles about growing crocus in various parts of the world will make interesting reading.  Similarly some of us have travelled to crocus lands while others actually live among them.  We are always interested to hear about the plants in their wild habitats.

The newsletter will be published here so I can make use of relevant pictures.  In some cases I may be able to make use of information that has already been published here but I would like to have your permission before doing so.

Thanks for reading - Thanks in advance for your help!

Please PM me or leave a reply here.

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
Re: Important Request to Crocus Enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Would you like me to try and take a better photo of Crocus vernus meadows here - assuming they are still flowering tip top - and add a short note about them being a sight which attracts people from all over???
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
Would you like me to try and take a better photo of Crocus vernus meadows here - assuming they are still flowering tip top - and add a short note about them being a sight which attracts people from all over???
I haveno expertize on Crocus but you are welcome to use the pictures from Örebro showing how vernus is used in the local parks. (If you can find them)
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
Hi Robin
Yes - that would be nice .... if its not too late, I've been away and v busy when at home.

Paul T - thanks for your offer.  I think your 'Crocus Garden' is worth a write-up.  Also it will be of interest to hear about growing in Oz generally.  PS....hope the flu goes for good soon ;)

Janis - thanks for your contribution.  Very interesting - I will advertise the Crocus Book!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal