We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Glasgow show at Milngavie 2 May 2009  (Read 13544 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Glasgow show at Milngavie 2 May 2009
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 10:26:26 PM »

Am I the only one to think that Lesley was just teasing in a friendly manner ???  ???

I was indeed Luc. Thought Anthony knew me well enough by now. I certainly didn't wish to stir up a storm about it. And I assumed Anthony's "no pleasing some people" was also a tease comment. Wasn't it?

Anyway, thanks very much for the editing to add names. In fact, most of them I knew from experience or other posts but there were a couple which intrigued me and rang no bells. Will now backtrack and see what I shall see.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
I find naming really easy so perhaps haven't understood others' problems. When I upload a group of pics to my hard drive, they have a collective name such as crocus, children, winter 09 or whatever. Then when I resize one to post on the Forum, I save that with a new name (thus retaining the old one in its full size form) and that new name is the name of the picture subject such as Crocus nudiflorus, Susan and Ben, Galanthus nivalis 5 or whatever.

All this of course, is for pictures of my own plants or others I know well. No problem with remembering what the plant is. As I've said before, we don't have these incredibly fine shows with many plants new or unknown to the public at large, so that problem of matching a plant to a label doesn't arise. When I DO take such pics, I write the name in a small notebook which I carry with me at all times - except those many times when I forget to take it. >:(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:41:34 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:09 AM »
Sandy's show report appears to have some pics missing?
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »
Sandy's show report appears to have some pics missing?

Yes, I see the pdf has problems.  We may have to live with this until Ian gets back from Sweden! :-\ :-[
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal