Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Alpine Walks in Valais

<< < (80/80)

goatshed:
I've been enjoying your photos too! They bring back memories of a holiday many years ago, standing on a mountainside above the clouds in Stalden and Gspon (I think that's Vallais isn't it?). It was raining down in the valley but above the clouds there was sunshine and gentians - moments like those stick with you forever :) .

Ragged Robin:
Gill, you are so right - it can be one sort of weather below the clouds and completely different above and one wouldn't have a clue - so you have to just go in hope and then, if you're lucky, alpine treasures  :D  Valais has some beautiful hidden secrets  :D

Stalden is is in the Visp area of Valais - they have built a tunnel through the mountain for a high speed train link to Zurich.

loes:
Hi Robin,

never saw this topic before but I enjoyed seeing your pictures of Valais.
I have had many (10 at least)vacations there ,most of them in the little village Agarn near Sierre.I only went in summer and loved the mountains,and walks.Never saw the springflowers but they look fantastic. I `only`saw gentians and other alpine flowers near melting snow,so lovely.
I always go back every now and then,Valais is in my hart.

Ragged Robin:
Hi Loes,

So pleased you enjoyed the Alpine Walks in Valais and I agree it is a lovely area, I do hope you'll return!  Where did you see the Gentians?  Do you have any photos?  Would love to hear more about your trip there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version