Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Epimedium - various threads gathered together here

<< < (197/198) > >>

Leena:
One more Epimedium grown from seed, this is a hardy one and flowers later than ex AQ seedlings.

Gabriela:
The ex. Amber Queen seedlings are looking good! By the look of the shape of flowers/spurs I would say the father is E.  lishihchenii.

Last year when it was very dry (right now is raining, so it's not that bad like 2022 was) I was pleasantly surprised by the way all hybrids behaved.
They are certainly more drought resistant than their parents.

The last seedling has an interesting cup, and with the shorter spurs, maybe a hybrid from E. ecalcaratum?

Leena:

--- Quote from: Gabriela on June 27, 2023, 01:32:38 AM ---The last seedling has an interesting cup, and with the shorter spurs, maybe a hybrid from E. ecalcaratum?
--- End quote ---

It is possible, the person who gave me seeds had many Epimediums, but most with lost label.
Is E.ecalcaratum late flowering? If the mother plant was AQ, then the father had to contribute to the flowering time of this Epimedium.

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Leena on June 27, 2023, 08:24:21 AM ---It is possible, the person who gave me seeds had many Epimediums, but most with lost label.
Is E.ecalcaratum late flowering? If the mother plant was AQ, then the father had to contribute to the flowering time of this Epimedium.

--- End quote ---

I don't remember the flowering time of E. ecalcaratum Leena.
It is interesting that this is also an AQ seedlings. From all the seedlings I got from it (at least the ones I had the chance to see flowering) not one had this type of cup and such short spurs.

Leena:

--- Quote from: Gabriela on June 27, 2023, 11:19:47 PM ---It is interesting that this is also an AQ seedlings. From all the seedlings I got from it (at least the ones I had the chance to see flowering) not one had this type of cup and such short spurs.

--- End quote ---

These seeds were from someone in Finland (2015)  :), and she had many Epimediums, but no labels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version