Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Epimedium - various threads gathered together here

<< < (195/198) > >>

Gabriela:
What I like about E. stellulatum Leena is that the  flowers are abundant and the overall look of a cloud of flowers.
I have a hybrid from about 4-5 years ago which has his own place in the garden. Not in full flower in the picture but you can see it has a lot of buds. It is also more resistant to the late frosts, a good quality.

This is a new one from this spring when part of the inflorescences were destroyed by cold. I'll have to watch it again next spring.

But, I still like better the E. stellulatum :)

Here's another hybrid with its place; yellow flowers not significant but with gorgeous foliage in the spring, so is a keeper.

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Rick R. on December 12, 2021, 12:22:22 AM ---As I looked through your epimedium pics, Leena, they  flowers are quite pretty, and I was also marveling at your photography since I have always had a tough time snapping good shots of epimediums.  I went back to look at my epimedium photos, and well, I know I deleted a lot of them, but I guess I do have soem nice ones to share...
Epimedium 'Beni Goromo'
Epimedium brevicornu
Epimedium 'Flamingo Dancer'

--- End quote ---

Nice Epimediums Rick! Beni Goromo has exquisite foliage.
E. brevicornu is also nice despite the small flowers, just like E. stellulatum they make up with the abundence.

Rick R.:
I haven't grown from seed on purpose, but I do get a few seedling volunteers now and then.  Nothing 'worthy' has come of them, though.

Epimedium x rubrum
Epimedium x youngianum 'Kozakura'
Epimedium cultivar name lost
Epimedium 'Yachimata Hime'
Epimedium 'Amber Queen' - marginally hardy here.  I had it for 3 years.

Rick R.:
Epimedium 'Beni-Goromo' -November foliage
Epimedium brachyrrhizum
Epimedium davidii - love the spiky foliage on this one, too.
A seedling from E. 'Niveum' volunteered among Carex nigra

Rick R.:
Epimedium pauciflorum
Epimedium 'Brni'kujaki'
Epimedium lishihchenii

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version