Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Epimedium - various threads gathered together here

<< < (2/198) > >>

Hans J:

--- Quote from: ChrisB on April 09, 2009, 01:27:01 PM ---Great photos, Hans.  I grow a number of them and have been surprised at how they tolerate dry shade.  I know many grow in more moist conditions than my dry garden, but quite a few have not only survived, but really thrived in my sandy soil.

--- End quote ---

Chris ,

yes - I can confirm it - here is in summer also very dry and I give the plants in borders never any extra water .
In last winter I had all my Epimedium in pots protectet from rain on our teracce .....covered with a shade net ( to avoid sun and to protect for cold ) -they have received only one time in month water....

shelagh:
Really enjoyed the pictures Hans, we have quite a few Epimediums and I was pleased to see E epsteinii for real rather than just an illustration please keep them coming.

ChrisB:
Here is a purple epimedium I have, I think its called E. grandiflorum 'Lilafee'.  The other photo is of the foliage on the common E. perralchicum.  The foliage suddenly browned like this last summer.  Any idea what happened?  It seems to be coming back nicely now.

Lesley Cox:
Very lovely images Hans, a real pleasure to see for me as we have so very few here in New Zealand. I'll look forward to seeing more of yours.

maggiepie:
Hans, your epimediums are beautiful, I hope you have lots more pics to come.
Is it true these plants are sterile or can they set seed if hand pollinated?
 ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version