We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus elwesii Green Brush  (Read 3307 times)

Gerard Oud

• nothing beats snowdrops!
    • Sneeuwklokjeshof Bucaneve
Galanthus elwesii Green Brush
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
For all those who have ordered Green Brush i can supply them!!! ;D ;D
And i managed to get a limited extra number of them so if you were already interested let me know!

See the pictures as a reminder!

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Galanthus elwesii Green Brush
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:06:11 AM »
Wow!  Very, very nice.  If someone ever gets seed from it, please think of me if you have any spare.  Wish I could import it easily.  ::)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Gerard Oud

• nothing beats snowdrops!
    • Sneeuwklokjeshof Bucaneve
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:31:33 AM »
They do even scan the envelopes that go to Australia Paul :'( Yous customs are too good.

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:44:17 AM »
Gerard,

Our customs has saved us from a lot of nasty pests and diseases that would otherwise be in this country, so it isn't all bad.  While I lament not being able to import easily I do believe in our quarantine system.  It just means that for many of these things I can't get named varieties but have to just hope that I can get some seed from some of them so that I can see what seedlings result.  There are some people who import things into the country, but the Methyl Bromide that is used to treat the bulbs is rather toxic to Galanthus so there are a lot of losses in bringing them in.  Makes for a very slow process for getting them in sufficient numbers to be able to sell them here.  But growing from seed is a lot of fun anyway, and the couple of lots of Galanthus seed I have got from people in the last few years will be fascinating to watch if/when they get to flowering size. 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal