We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: NZ field trips March 2007  (Read 10954 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: NZ field trips March 2007
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 09:16:31 PM »
I thought you were there somewhere, Lesley, with the reference to Mosgiel.
By the way, the other day, when it took you so long to remember where you had parked the car after you came out of the post office: was it because you had got a lift?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 02:32:11 AM »
'Fraid not Maggi. Just totally forgot where. I met a sort of friend, (someone who used to work in a local shop and who knew me on that basis) and we walked up and down the raod together for a few mins. Found it quite near the PO actually, but no recollection of parking there, as I'd been other places as well. We had a good laugh about it, but it's really not that funny.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:33:43 AM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
Oh yes, Lesley,

I can see the house now. Is that you outside in the garden?

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
That's me all right Paddy. Do you like my gardening hat with the feather in it?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 08:42:25 PM »
Lesley,

My visits to the forum have been sporadic of late - busy days. However, in reply to your query re hat and feather I must quote the old saw, 'fine feathers make fine birds' and add that it is particularly borne out in this case.

Paddy

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 12:12:18 AM »
Thank you Paddy, I THINK that is a compliment though I've always thought of that "old saw" as along the same lines as "handsome is as handsome does, with a distinct, nose-in-the-air sniff, at the end of it. But hey, I'm happy to be thought of as a "fine bird."  :D

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »
Lesley,

You think correctly. Fine bird indeed!

Brings to mind an incident some years ago when a gardening group were here visiting the garden. As might be exected, the garden was in pristine condition. A visiting lady asked how I managed to keep the garden so weed free. I replied that I put my wife out into the garden each  morning for an hour before breakfast and that that seemed to work for me. Her jaw dropped as she looked at me and wondered if I was being serious.
Paddy

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 11:35:55 PM »
Paddy, you seem to have a lot in common with Roger. When I thanked him appreciatively for putting a light in my rather dingy potting shed, he said it wasn't necessarily to make things easier to see, he just wanted to make sure I could work out there 24 hours a day instead of only in daylight.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 11:44:30 PM »
While Ian was in Denmark, he showed pix of the electric cement mixing machine that we use for mixing potting compost.  Later, visiting with some of the charming people he met there who invited him to see their gardens and eat delicious meals, his host pointed out the smart cement mixer he had, telling Ian that his wife had bought him the machine for a present. Ian was quick to point out the differences between Denmark and Scotland, explaining that in Scotland, it is the husband who buys the heavy machinery for the wife. Bless that BD, he thinks I should want for nothing! When we had grass to mow, he bought me a really super lawn-mower and I have a fab shredder, too. Yes, a lot of these chaps know how to give a girl a good time! :P

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 05:32:50 AM »
They certainly do Maggi. I got the weedeater for Christmas and Roger got the bottle of single malt.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal