We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulbfields in the Netherlands  (Read 12552 times)

ArnoldT

Re: Bulbfields in the Netherlands
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:12 PM »
Luit:

Interesting, the bulbs are removed and fields are then flooded to kill any pests.
Arnold Trachtenberg
Leonia, New Jersey

Ezeiza

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2010, 12:53:31 AM »
Well, Arnold, not any pests, specifically nematodes. This is the standard method used in Holland.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
Some weeks ago I saw a field with flowering Tigridia. They were fully open then, but I had no camera with me.
Two weeks ago I made this picture, but the flowers werenot open because of lack of sun.
So I wanted to go there again on a real sunny day for a better picture, but 70 mm of rain within few hours last week and strong wind afterwards did not leave many flowers there. When the weather stays nice for a week or so they will flower again, but I better show now what I have :)
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Golly, when they're fully open they'd be spectacular, wall to wall colour. 8)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal