We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: November 2006  (Read 23606 times)

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
Re: November 2006
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:55 PM »
awa & pull the other aine!

I'll have to try & get a pic of myself for you all to remember me by. Get Carol busy with the digi.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 03:12:12 AM »
Finally had a good read of the instructions and now posting a mug shot of moi,(me) as a test run.Hopefully there are no gremlins ,(aka gnomes), in the system.(smile)

Cheers dave
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Cgull49

• Rob Stuart
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 03:26:57 AM »
Here's a few pictures of my Cimifuga racemosa that was flowering in my yard at the end of September.  It really is a late flower here in central Canada and this is really the first time that  I've managed to get it to throw up more than one flower stake.  The bees really flocked to these flowers just like honey, although I'm not sure yet if I managed to get any seed.  We've had some light frosts and all the plant has dropped all it's leaves but I haven't yet got around to see if it managed to grow some healthy seed in the mean time.  I'll have to check tomorrow.

I've attached the following pictures to this message, but they don't appear on the preview.  Hopefully they will on the actual post.  If they don't I'm not sure how to proceed.  If anyone whose posted pictures would help I'd certainly appreciate it.  If the pictures show up then I guess I've figured it out.
Rob Stuart - Ottawa, Ontario Canada - z5

JPB

• My plants
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 03:36:56 PM »
@ Maggi, thanks for helping me out (or I should say "in") at the new forum.

I ordered some Narcissus from Paul Christian, which are coming into bloom now:
N. albidus zaianicus (its correct name should be N. romieuxii ssp. albidus var. zaianicus?)

Isoplexis canariensis keeps on blooming once the autumn temperatures stay high. Although less colour than in summer
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:23:41 PM by Maggi Young »
NE part of The Netherlands. Hardiness zone 7/8

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »
hi all! I'm back from the best AGS Dublin Group discussion weekend since the Young's vist. Today we had a tour of the bulb house in Gothenberg and a trip to Greece with Wol Staines
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal