We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Nomocharis  (Read 2413 times)

Calvin Becker

Nomocharis
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Hi all

I'm looking for seed or bulbs of Nomocharis of any sort. Knowing next to nothing about them except that the look just amazing any cultivation details would also be appreciated. :)
Plant pathologist (in training)
Johannesburg/Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
Re: Nomocharis
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »
Calvin,I might have some bulbs, the pots are all dormant at the moment and stashed under a bench behind the potting shed. Will check tomorrow if there are still some bulbs in them, and if there are you are welcome to a few. Are you allowed to import them?

David Pilling

• Computer Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:54 PM »
For seed:

Chiltern Seeds - three pounds sixty five for 15 seeds.

Cluny House Gardens seed list - the list is advertised as closing at the end of the month.
(http://www.clunyhousegardens.com/news.php?view=current#4)

JJA seeds - not in their last seedlist but they sell packets for three pounds.

David Pilling at the seaside in North West England.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
I usually have seed on most of mine and I promised some to several people for this (current) summer but just to spite me, the darned things aren't setting any this year. It was very wet when they were in flower which was probably good for the bulbs but not for pollination. You could have had mine for free, as well. Remind me this time next year.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »
Hi Calvin, I would be very happy to send you seed as I have plenty, I do think this is best as bulbs would probably be destroyed at customs. Please send me your postal address to,  ianchristie@btconnect.com.      cheers Ian the Christie kind.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Calvin Becker

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »
Thanks for the links David. I've contacted Cluny House and am awaiting a copy of their list.

Thanks for the offer Lesley. I had the same problem with Crinum delagoense in 2007. Both my plants flowered but about one week apart. When I remembered that I should've collected pollen from one to transfer to the other it had been raining for days so no pollen to be found at all!

Ian & Michael I've responded privately.
Plant pathologist (in training)
Johannesburg/Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal