We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyrtanthus obliquus  (Read 4964 times)

Alessandro.marinello

Re: Blandfordia germination
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 12:43:40 PM »
Alessandro,

I will check and see whether the Blandfordia need smoke treatment or not.  I don't "think" so, but that doesn't mean that they don't.  ;D  we do have a number of plants that seem to take either a long time to get the right conditions to germinate, or else have impervious seed coats that just sit and wait for years regardless of the conditions.  It depends on what you have been trying to grow of course.
Paul
I have understood, a game of temperatures seems servant, and a little fortune
Thank you
Padova N-E Italy climate zone 8

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
Re: Cyrtanthus obliquus
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
I have germinated Blanfordia punicea no problem just by keeping them moist and warm. I have however been unable to grow them on and they have just damped of after a couple of weeks.
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

Alessandro.marinello

Re: Cyrtanthus obliquus
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
Tony
this me is be advised
On seed germination, the advice is to give the seed a cold spell after sowing. Sow in seed compost, then keep at room temperature for about four weeks, followed by 4 to 6 weeks in a refrigerator (NOT the freezer compartment!) After this, bring out into the warm again. You should get some germination, although some of the seed will need a second cold spell. Fresh seed will give better results.
Padova N-E Italy climate zone 8

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal