We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Reticulate Iris 2009  (Read 79199 times)

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
Re: Reticulate Iris 2009
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »
Thanks Hristo, those retics all on one page are really useful for comparison.
Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
Chris, can I query please, was it your intention to add other pics to your montage (ie from other Forumists plants)?

Can I also query your spelling please of Kuh-E-Abhr I have it as Kuh-E-Abr and that is the spelling used in The Rare Plants Catalogue.

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
I do like the McMurtrie retics. That dusty shade of violet is very attractive to me. Something to look forward to :)

Luit, your Weekly has disappeared off my notified list. I'll go looking again.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
I do like the McMurtrie retics. That dusty shade of violet is very attractive to me. Something to look forward to :)

Luit, your Weekly has disappeared off my notified list. I'll go looking again.
Not guilty Lesley  ;)
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:45 AM »
I'm not accusing you Luit. Far from it. My system has had a few glitches over recent weeks and I've mislain several regular topics. Nor can I find it in the Forum index. A Search for Weekly Lisse Flower Show has also been unproductive. Can you give me a link please?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Hristo

« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2009, 05:22:42 AM »
David,
You are quite right of course, I'm afarid when I am in the 'zone' I forget to check my spelling!  ;D
Of course for a while i thought this clone was called; 'Cool its ABBA', so my spelling improves!  :D :D
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »
I'm not accusing you Luit. Far from it. My system has had a few glitches over recent weeks and I've mislain several regular topics. Nor can I find it in the Forum index. A Search for Weekly Lisse Flower Show has also been unproductive. Can you give me a link please?
Lesley you'll find it easy in Bulbs General, but here is the link as well:
http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=2946.30

But I understand what you mean. I was searching this Topic of the year 2008 and it took me
several minutes to find it. But that was more because I did not type the exact words to search.
It might try to add a + when searching, like for instance type: Flower Show + Lisse.
Then at least you find some pages with Flower, Show and Lisse.
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Chris, do the words 'cool' and 'Abba' belong in the same phrase? ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Hristo

« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
David, maybe only if you sport a mullet harirdo and think that the reparte between Kevin Keegan and Henry Cooper is the height of eradite whit!
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2009, 09:06:31 PM »
Thank you Luit. I hadn't caught up with the new, 2009 version of the Weekly Lisse Flower Show. I always find Forum searches difficult/frustrating. Anyway, I have it notified now. Love the very dark tulips. :)

udo

• Dirk Schnabel
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
two new species in flower today:
Iris danfordiae, native form with smaller flowers
 ''   reticulata, a small flowered form from Iran
Lichtenstein/Sachsen, Germany
www.steingartenverein.de

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2009, 08:53:38 PM »
Lovely Dirk. Your little I. danfordiae look much neater than the form currently available in the trade.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Regelian

• waking escapes the dream
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
Dirk,

did you grow the I. danfordiae from seed?  Does this types tend to create bulbils and not bloom, as the commercial form?

The reticulata has a great clear colour!
Jamie Vande
Cologne
Germany

Hristo

« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:07 AM »
Dirk - I love the second reticulata, lovely colouring!

David, realised I never answered your question, the answer is Yes, if people send me pics or post them here of named cultivars I will add them to the ID 'monatge' and then re-post the combination, I have added danfordiae for completeness, also 'our' trade Iris reticulata! There are still so many cultivars I don't have pics for! - Clairette, Natasha, Joyce, Pauline - to name but a few!

udo

• Dirk Schnabel
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2009, 06:47:25 PM »
Jamie,

i become the bulbs from a friend. This form set seed and bulbills and is better in flowering than the hort.form.
Lichtenstein/Sachsen, Germany
www.steingartenverein.de

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal