We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Reticulate Iris 2009  (Read 78711 times)

Hristo

Re: Reticulate Iris 2009
« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
Paul,
Super looking reticulatas, wingradowii alba is a stunner!
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Regelian

• waking escapes the dream
« Reply #466 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
A very early bloomer, aquired this Autumn from Nijssen, Iris hyrcana.  It is currently frozen in its pot!  The foto is too blue and I did try to doctor it a bit, but I can't seem to get the purple right. It is much deeper. Use your imagination, please. ::)
Jamie Vande
Cologne
Germany

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #467 on: December 21, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
Jamie, here's my Iris hyrcana from January this year. Is this closer to the colour of yours?

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »
Regardless of colour, it is still a beauty, and beautifully grown here - I mean here in the thread, not here in NZ. I don't think it is in NZ. I've seen half a dozen different photos in assorted books and bulletins, of Iris hyrcana and I think every one was different in colour from the others. It seems very difficult to get the shade of blue/purple right.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Regelian

• waking escapes the dream
« Reply #469 on: December 21, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »
David,

mine is still a bit more purple.  It is a small flower, about 2.5"/6cm max.  Quite cute.

Lesley,

I've seen clones that were much deeper toned than mine, but none that I would have called blue.  In any colour, they are lovely little things.

Jamie
Jamie Vande
Cologne
Germany

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:03 AM »
Very, very nice.  And so very early.  Beautiful.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #471 on: December 22, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »
Jamie, here's my Iris hyrcana from January this year. Is this closer to the colour of yours?

Iris hyrcana (RSZ-8706) was collected by our team in 1987 in Talish mountains (then soviet Azerbaijan). It turned the earliest of all reticulatas, often blooming through snow together with earliest spring crocuses. Flower color mostly is bright blue, very rarely very light blue, even more rarely slightly lilac shaded. It don't hybridise with I. reticulata due difference in blooming time. I. hyrcana is at very end of blooming when reticulatas start and it is the most easy of all reticulatas for growing outside in conditions of Latvia. I allways regarded it is separate species (not as form of I. reticulata)
Janis
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal