We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Scilla gorganica, Iris pskemense  (Read 2800 times)

winwen

Scilla gorganica, Iris pskemense
« on: December 15, 2008, 12:33:48 PM »
Hello,
unfortunately Janis Ruksans stock of this fabulous plant was eaten up by mice during last spring/summer, therefore he couldn't sell any bulbs of this item (I was one of the addicted who ordered some).
So I would like to ask if there is someone cultivating this Scilla and who has eventually some seeds left.
I also would be interested in seeds of Iris pskemense, which was sold in previous years by Janis under the name Iris sp. nova kolpakowskiana aff. "Ihnachsai" but turned out to be a new species which was named I. pskemense by him.
Vienna/Austria (USDA Zone 7b)

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
Re: Scilla gorganica, Iris pskemense
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:48 PM »
unfortunately Janis Ruksans stock of this fabulous plant was eaten up by mice during last spring/summer, therefore he couldn't sell any bulbs of this item (I was one of the addicted who ordered some).
So I would like to ask if there is someone cultivating this Scilla and who has eventually some seeds left.

I had seed of Scilla gorganica from Goteborg a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, I haven't managed to germinate it yet ...    :'(   :'(
It might be worth trying them again
Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal