We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Polygala serpyllifolia  (Read 872 times)

meanie

Polygala serpyllifolia
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »
Don't laugh, but I'm looking for seeds of Polygala serpyllifolia (Heath Milkwort).
If anyone can help, I would be grateful.
I don't have much to offer in exchange........
West Oxon where it gets cold!

Roma

Re: Polygala serpyllifolia
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
I'm not laughing :).  Had a look today where my ponies graze.  There's usually lots of Polygala there.  I' m not sure that it is serpyllifolia but seems likely.  Couldn't see many where they are grazing all the time and those I did see were just coming in to flower.  There were lots in the bit where where they haven't been grazing for a while but all seemed to be flowering, not seeding.  I'm not too agile these days, the eyesight is not what it was and did not fancy crawling around in wet grass.  Finding seed could be a tricky business.  If I do find any I will let you know.
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
Polygala serpyllifolia is the commoner milkwort around here. IŽll look out for seed ;)
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Was out today looking for seed but no seeds are ripe yet. In fact, the plants are in full bloom!
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal