We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Tecophilaea wanted  (Read 5973 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Tecophilaea wanted
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
Thanks Rodger.  I have always kept them at least marginally damp, rather than bone dry, although I did keep them out of baking sun in summer.  I'll do some experimenting with a couple of pots this summer, as the T. violiflora in particular multiply very well.  Maybe I can hit on something for them that actually results in a flower or two?  ;D  if I could get them to flower I would have a whole bunch of flowers, as I have more than 30 of the bulbs by now, and that isn't counting this seasons multiplication.  Wish I could say the same for the other species.  ::)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Otto Fauser

• Bulb Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 06:11:53 AM »
any Tecophilaea
wanted, id really like to try these.
rob

Rob , in case you can't obtain any bulbs in England , I could send you a few each of cyanocrocus , var. violacea and var. leichtlinii . They will go dormant soon , so I could send them to you then- however you will have the problem to adjust them to the Northen Hemisphere growths cycle.
      Otto.
   Rob , Iwill send you the promised bulbs after Christmas , when they they have gone dormant .,please let me have your address in due time .
  I do not need anything in exchange , but , should you ever have a few seeds to spare of :
 any Ophrys species, also of Galanthus koenenianus , platyphyllus and krasnovii, these would be most welcome,
       Otto.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:08:06 AM by Maggi Young »
Collector of rare bulbs & alpines, east of Melbourne, 500m alt, temperate rain forest.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »

[/quote]    should you ever have a few seeds to spare of :
 any Ophrys species,
       Otto.
[/quote]

I may have some Ophrys spp. seed heads from this summer Otto? I take it that you use a sterile growing medium based on agar?
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal