We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: How High/Low is Yours?  (Read 17105 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: How High/Low is Yours?
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »
Maggi now they would associate Potter with Harry Potter so that changes with time :)
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »
Howdy All,

Came across this thread...... was ill at the time so never contributed.  Quite fascinating seeing what elevations people are at who are friends here on the forum.  Canberra is around 570m (varies depending who you talk to, but give or take 5m) above sea level, but I don't know about my actual garden.  If the official level for the city is at the airport like the climate statistics are, then I am a bit higher than that but not a lot. 
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
Great excitement today. The photo for my town has been replaced on Google Earth. It's not very sharp but you will be able to see the gravel paths between the raised beds. I'm supposed to be 258m above sea level but at school we were told we were c50 feet. When you look you will see a planes vapour trail

Search for Antrim, N Ireland
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »
A planter used to be someone who owned, lived on or worked on, a plantation and drank Planter's Punch? :)
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal