We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Colesbourne Park and other Snowdrop Gardens  (Read 20901 times)

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
Re: Colesbourne Park and other Snowdrop Gardens
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »
Last month we looked at the Snwdrop Festival gardens and today I took the oportunity to visit number 53 - Inshriach Forest.This used to be the walled garden of Inshriach house but has long been neglected. The Forestry Commision have taken over the garden and use it to display some wooden sculptures and among the vegetation round the bottom are a limited number of clumps of snowdrops. I didn't have a camera but picked a flower to bring home and photograph. They are all short legged doubles, probably 'nivalis'?
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »
For a more interesting northern garden than Inshriach may I suggest Brodie Castle near Forres. Lots of snowdrops, snowflakes, aconotes and the Narcissi are starting to flower. As of the begining of February the Rhodies had still not started to flower yet.
The castle itsef will not open until Easter but if you want a cup of tea just give us a call.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »
yes looks like the double G. nivalis
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal