Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Australian Native Plants at the ANBG Canberra

<< < (3/75) > >>

Paddy Tobin:
Paul,

Delighted you have started to post your photographs. For us in the northern hemisphere this will be a special treat, seeing plants we are not normally able to grow or see.

Looking forward to many photographs.

Paddy

Paul T:
Thanks Paddy.  Glad you liked them. 

That's it for now, as getting late.  I hope that the "narrative" I am using is OK?  Not quite sure how to describe everything, but hopefully it reads OK?  If I can improve anything, please let me know.

Paddy Tobin:
Paul,

Don't  know what you were worried about. You have posted a lovely selection of photographs in a variety of styles, overall views, individual plants and close -ups of some very interesting ones.

I must say, my first impression is that the whole setting and the cultivation and care of the plants is of the highest standard. The plants are obvously doing very well and all look so very healthy.

Dicksonia antarctica hs become a very popular plant here. Not many years ago, it was one to be well wraped for the winter but now it is often left to its own devices and comes through our winters with no damage. Here at home, Mary would love to put in a few but I disagree as I don't think they would suit our garden - which reminds me of hearing a local nurseryman replying to a person who asked for a very unusual and hard-to-find plant, one of those rare and unusual one. The answer he gave the customer was, 'I don't think your garden is ready for this plant yet.' OUCH !

Looking forward to further postings.

Paddy

Luc Gilgemyn:
Promising start Paul - I bet you will open up a new world to a lot of us !

May I add that your "entrance" looks quite a lot more pleasant than the concrete parking lot I have to cross walking to my office...  8)

Look forward to (lots) more !  ;)

Brian Ellis:
Wow Paul  :o I can see we are in for some real treats, as someone who will never get to the Southern Hemisphere - unless they reinstall banana boats - I am really enjoying the start of what looks to be a fascinating thread.
Cheers ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version