We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: October Discussion weekend  (Read 1487 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
October Discussion weekend
« on: August 19, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »
I will be attending for the first time and look forward to meeting some forumists 'in the flesh' (not literally).  Is anyone else travelling up by train from the south on Friday? Perhaps we could meet up en route / share taxi from the station etc?
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: October Discussion weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »
Hi Anne look forward to seeing you at the Discussion Weekend they're always terrific.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »
I must admit to a growing excitement at the approach of the annual Discussion Weekend..... it is one of my favourite parts of the SRGC year, along with the Early Bulb Day.
The Early Bulb Day is so much fun as we all gather after the winter for a hectic day of chat, enlightenment and shopping.....probably in that order!!

The Discussion weekend is just an extended version of that, only instead of finding out what has happened to plants over the winter, we find out what everybody did on their holidays and which places are most popular/recommended....... then there are all the talks to inspire and encourage us....the cheerful company of friends with similar alpine obsessions.....the chance to see how many new ties Brian Smethurst has this year..... oh, the list of delights is endless......did I mention the comfy hotel and good food ?
 For some of us, of course, the Weekend IS our holiday... so that makes it even more special.....but the best part is, without doubt, the company of so many lovely friends........I can hardly wait!! 8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:34:57 PM »
Maggi, it is a great sadness to me that I can't attend these marvellous occasions so we all rely on you and other attenders to tell and show us what happened. There should be some people pics and I feel it would be good if Brian's new ties were to feature, especially if there's something out of the ordinary. ;)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:24:15 PM »
Dear Lesley, be assured that NONE of Brian's ties are ordinary!!  Will do my best for people pix this year.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
Maggi,
I'm looking forward to your "report"!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal