We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hepatica disease  (Read 13058 times)

Gerry Webster

Re: Hepatica disease
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »
I get this damage every year on a few leaves of outdoor H. transylvanica. Curiously, an adjacent plant of H. x media  is never affected. I see it more rarely on plants under glass. I've always assumed it is caused some sap-sucking insect. Since the damage is never serious or extensive  I tend to ignore it.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Ewelina Wajgert

• My website
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 09:27:47 PM »
I think this is not environmental. I try to spray the plants with Mospilan. Perhaps it help them.

Thank you for Your answer and help.
Ewelina Wajgert, Cracow, Poland;
http://waja.strefa.pl

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
I've a colony of Hepatica nobilis self-seeding in a glazed sink.  The leaves on many of the plants have a curious mottled look.  Do you think they may have a virus? 
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 01:09:49 PM »
Gail,

Have you checked the underneath of the leaves for thrip or mites?  Looks possible that it could be that sort of damage?  If not signs of insects under the leaves, try a an application of trace elements in case it is a deficiency?  Well those are my, uninformed, thoughts anyway.  8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »
Thanks Paul - there is no obvious sign of pests (although my husband seems to have pinched my lens again so only checked by eye).  I'll give a good feed and see if that makes a difference.
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:43 AM »
Check for scale on the stems as well.... I had similar-ish appearance on some of my seedlings when I got a scale infestation.  It was worse looking than that though.  Hopefully others here who grow more of them than I do will have some ideas.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
I've a colony of Hepatica nobilis self-seeding in a glazed sink.  The leaves on many of the plants have a curious mottled look.  Do you think they may have a virus? 

Red spider ?

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal