General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

May 2022 in the Northern Hemisphere

<< < (8/9) > >>

Maggi Young:
Another from Anton Edwards : " Weeds or Wonders? Here are four to think about: hellebores in seed, Brunnera leaves, blue Corydalis flowers and yellow welsh poppies (Meconopsis cambrica) They all are beautiful, and normal weeds don’t stand a chance against them. But they all take over the world if not controlled …  "

Maggi Young:
Also from the garden of Anton and Margaret  - some paeonia shots from Anton ....

P. lutea ludlowii

P. rockii type

P. rockii type

Mariette:
Diplacus pictus is a very tiny plant for me. If I may save seed, I´ll sow it earlier than March when it arrived with me this year.

Peloric foxgloves were growing in the garden when we bought the house 38 years ago. A pseudo-pelorie with proliferation turned up a few years ago, this year´s find shows additional petals as well.

This plant was bought as Lathyrus gmelinii, but looks different from plants shown growing wild. Any ideas? In the background are the orange flowers of Lathyrus aureus, a smaller and daintier plant in all parts with me.

Vincetoxicum hirundinaria ssp intermedia showing yellow flowers.

Claire Cockcroft:
There is a lot of color in the garden, despite the seesaw weather of rain/cold/hot.

Maianthemum racemosum (Smilacina racemosa)

Iris innominata (or a close hybrid)

Dianthus and genista

Claire Cockcroft:
While I grow many rare and/or difficult plants, I also appreciate the common, easy ones.

Dianthus

Aethionema

Amsonia, just coming into bloom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version