Bulbs > Bulbs General

Corydalis 2022

<< < (9/10) > >>

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: Leena on June 08, 2022, 11:28:33 AM ---Also here C.bushii does not set seeds, or at least I have never found them.

I agree that C.nobilis is not invasive, and it is very easy to remove if it grows in a wrong place.
Herman, if you want it, I can send you some roots when they start to go dormant in late June.

--- End quote ---
Thank you Leena for your offer, but I think August will be a better time to send the roots.

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: Gabriela on June 08, 2022, 06:58:17 PM ---I will not contradict you Rick; there is so much variability in the plant world! Yes, the seeds sowed at the right moment germinate like cress.

Too bad I cannot send my 'sterile' plant to Herman! :)

Herman: for sure they are available in Belgium, or take up Leena's offer. Maybe you purchase by chance a C. buschii that set seeds and give some to us! At some point I looked to purchase another plant for cross pollination but couldn't find any.

--- End quote ---
Gabriela, I have found some Corydalis from a bulb nursery in the Netherlands were I ordered some bulbs a few years ago.
https://www.nijssentuin.nl/nl/183-corydalis
I need to wait till August for the new crop.

Leena:

--- Quote from: Herman Mylemans on June 08, 2022, 07:38:47 PM ---Thank you Leena for your offer, but I think August will be a better time to send the roots.

--- End quote ---

I can't find the roots anymore after they go dormant. :(

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: Leena on June 09, 2022, 06:35:50 AM ---I can't find the roots anymore after they go dormant. :(

--- End quote ---
Leena, you can put some roots in a pot and then let them go dormant completely.  :)

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Herman Mylemans on June 08, 2022, 07:47:28 PM ---Gabriela, I have found some Corydalis from a bulb nursery in the Netherlands were I ordered some bulbs a few years ago.
https://www.nijssentuin.nl/nl/183-corydalis
I need to wait till August for the new crop.

--- End quote ---
Nice, and I saw they also have 'Boyar' which is sterile and very handsome. Plus some crazy prices for some species, I guess is the offer and demand. No one here would pay such prices for any Corydalis.

I have to transplant my C.buschii soon because it also doesn't increase; it cannot compete for moisture with 2 Epimediums close by. I will show the thin rhizomes so you won't be shocked when you get them.

And here's a picture with a young C. nobilis (this one made few seeds) and Glaucidium this spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version