Bulbs > Bulbs General

Corydalis 2022

<< < (8/10) > >>

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Herman Mylemans on June 05, 2022, 04:20:02 PM ---Which Corydalis are easy to grow (but not invasive) to combine with Trilliums and Hepatica's?

--- End quote ---

Herman, Leena answered very well your question.
I only want to add that my C. buschii doesn't produce seeds (it may be self incompatible). Same goes for C. nobilis, which would look magnificent with your Trilliums - as long as I had only 1 plant, there were never any seeds.

So, besides hybrid forms, you can also think about these who would need a partner in order to invade you with baby seedlings :)

Rick R.:
I have to add that there must be some variability with Corydalis nobilis self incompatibility.  My single plant does produce viable seed.  But while C. solida can be a bit invasive by seed, I've never had a problem with C. nobilis, and for me it seeds around just nicely.  FYI, I did grow the nobilis seeds in a pot one year, and I think every seed germinated.

Herman Mylemans:
Gabriela and Rick, thank you for your information. I think I will find them in the Netherlands. So there is something to look forward. :)

Leena:
Also here C.bushii does not set seeds, or at least I have never found them.

I agree that C.nobilis is not invasive, and it is very easy to remove if it grows in a wrong place.
Herman, if you want it, I can send you some roots when they start to go dormant in late June.

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Rick R. on June 08, 2022, 12:46:29 AM ---I have to add that there must be some variability with Corydalis nobilis self incompatibility.  My single plant does produce viable seed.  But while C. solida can be a bit invasive by seed, I've never had a problem with C. nobilis, and for me it seeds around just nicely.  FYI, I did grow the nobilis seeds in a pot one year, and I think every seed germinated.

--- End quote ---

I will not contradict you Rick; there is so much variability in the plant world! Yes, the seeds sowed at the right moment germinate like cress.

Too bad I cannot send my 'sterile' plant to Herman! :)

Herman: for sure they are available in Belgium, or take up Leena's offer. Maybe you purchase by chance a C. buschii that set seeds and give some to us! At some point I looked to purchase another plant for cross pollination but couldn't find any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version