Bulbs > Bulbs General

Corydalis 2022

<< < (3/10) > >>

Leena:
Gabriela, very nice Corydalis, there can't be too many of them. :)

Also here Corydalis solida have started to flower. It seems this year everything comes up and flowers almost at the same time.
Here are couple of pictures from last night.
Most plants in the first picture are self sown seedlings, all kinds of colours.
In the second the pink in the right is 'Pink Smile' and red in the far left 'King Arthur', the others are seedlings from these two.
Third picture is 'Evening Shade', and in the last picture the red C.solida in the back is 'Cantata'.

Mariette:
Leena and Gabriela, Your corydalis make a wonderful show! Especially lLeena´s dark C. solida and Gabriela´s white one with the blue lip make me curse the rodents in my garden. I´ve lost almost all of my special selections sooner or later.
There are advantages in a colder climate like Yours! After several attempts, I had to accept that species like C. bracteata. ornata and turtschaninovii need a more contnental climate than mine to survive. Alas, they are among the most beautiful!

Leena:
Mariette, thank you. :)
C.bracteata seems easy in my garden, but blue ones are difficult even here.
I have bought C.turtschaninovii several times, and most are alive, but not doing well. They don't increase, and sometimes disappear for no reason.
C.ornata I lost the first winter.
2016 I bought C.fumariifolia subsp azurea, and first spring it didn't flower. Then I thought I had lost it, but suddenly this year I found it flowering!!
The very divided leaves in the picture belong to Corydalis buschii, which is spreading fast.

Another peculiar blue one is Corydalis turtschninovii stoloniferous, bought from Sulev Savisaar in 2017. It flowered for the first time maybe two years later, and slender stems come up from some distance from each other. It is not flowering yet, but I wanted to show it anyway. Don't mind C.malkensis seedling in front of it.
Sulev wrote in his catalogue that this plant was collected from near Gorniye Kluci in Far East, Primorskiy kray 1987 by Irina Špak.
I didn't plant it under the stone, it has moved itself there.

Last picture is a seedling of C.solida, quite unusual colour.

Gabriela:
They all look so nice Leena, especially with some snowdrops and Hepatica flowers at the same time. The spring flowering was more spaced out here this spring.
It seems that some Pink Smile also ended up in my garden :) I noticed a nicer pink than others in a clump of mixed Corydalis I grew from you. Almost all C. solida is faded now, except few on very shaded spots; 27C today!

Leena:
'Pink Smile'-types are very nice!

--- Quote from: Gabriela on May 11, 2022, 08:01:50 PM --- 27C today!
--- End quote ---
27C!!
Here it was  12C today, and after very late spring, also May seems to be colder than usual. Which is good, because there is so much to do in the garden, and flowers stay longer when it is cooler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version