General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Paeonia 2022

<< < (2/10) > >>

Peppa:

--- Quote from: Gail on April 18, 2022, 09:21:45 AM ---I think fairly typical, they do lighten as they mature and become a more silvery grey.

Thanks for the good wishes - I'll definitely take pictures, even if it is only of leaves...

--- End quote ---

If the dark leaves are fairly common, I would love to find seeds and try them myself in the future.

Have a safe and great trip! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Lyndon Whyatt:
Wow both are lovely! No peonies open yet for me in Potter Heigham yet. Here’s to things to come!

ruweiss:
The first Peonies start flowering - the bumblebees enjoy the good
offer of pollen.

Gail:
Well, I did get to Greece - third time lucky, and we did find peonies but sadly due to the late spring, did not see any flowers. Last Friday was the Greek Orthodox Good Friday and we at least had a lovely time up in the mountain admiring the healthy peony plants while listening to the Easter service being broadcast from the village and there was a profusion of Anemone pavonina to enjoy.

These are meant to be Paeonia saurei and anyone with time to spare in the next week are strongly advised to go and visit! They should be spectacular in flower. (P. saurei apparently differs from P. peregrina in having leaflets that are entire, rarely lobed and sparsely hispidulous beneath, and in having red stigmas.)

Gail:
The second peony population we found were also still in bud. Growing with a galanthus, that had probably flowered in February as the leaves were starting to die back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version