General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Paeonia 2022

<< < (7/10) > >>

Gail:

--- Quote from: Gabriela on June 04, 2022, 10:34:29 PM ---Paeonia peregrina from seeds with the first flower, so it deserves a mention and I have the image at the right size.

--- End quote ---
Definitely deserves mentioning Gabriela, such a lovely plant and really popular with the honey bees here. Mine has just finished flowering.

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: Gail on June 05, 2022, 06:03:58 PM ---Definitely deserves mentioning Gabriela, such a lovely plant and really popular with the honey bees here. Mine has just finished flowering.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Gail. Such pristine red color, it is wonderful. The second one just flowered as well.
I was eagerly awaiting this spring for the first blooms, all other species peonies that I have finished a while ago, so it nice to have peregrina now.

Guff:
Any USA forum members have yellow single or double Tree Peony seeds(10 seeds each form) come September? Looking for Upright flowers. I have both of the yellows doubles that have hanging flowers upside down.

Would also like rockii, any colors(10 seeds)

Trade, buy or for postage. Thanks.

Leena:
Summer went by fast and I haven't posted any pictures of my peonies, so here are some pictures from early June.
I sent seeds of some peonies to the exchange so here are first pictures of those peonies.
Paeonia japonica is one of the first to flower, nice white peony for semi-shade.
Peonia arietina ex Turkey grows in full sun. It is not a tall peony and quite similar to P.officinalis types.
Paeonia x chamaeleon is a natural hybrid of P.caucasica and P.mlokosewitschii, or this is what is said. I have grown these from seeds as P x chamaeleon, and some had pinkish shades and one is pure white. Seeds I sent to the exchange were from this pure white plant (no pinkish grew close).
Paeonia veitchii is one of my favourites. These plants were grown from Pilous wild collected seeds from Dege, Sechuan, China, and I labeled the seeds I sent as P.veitchii "Dege".
They open pink but fade to almost white during flowering. Small compact plants.

Leena:
Some other pictures of my peonies from last summer.
Paeonia anomala is a reliable and big plant.
Paeonia daurica ssp mlokosewitchii
The third picture is of a plant I have grown from Pilous seeds as Paeonia mascula ssp bodurii, Canakkale, W.Turkey.
I read that these should be big plants with big flowers but mine are quite small plants with small flowers. Their leaves look unlike any other of my peonies.
Unfortunately I didn't get any seeds from it.
Fourth peony is a very impressive big plant with big flowers in early season. I have grown it from open pollinated P.macrophylla seeds and it is obviously a hybrid. It has now flowered three times, and never sets seeds, so it is a sterile plant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version