We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: A BAD EXPERIENCE, A WARNING, AND A REQUEST  (Read 746 times)

MarcR

A BAD EXPERIENCE, A WARNING, AND A REQUEST
« on: April 04, 2022, 05:06:01 AM »
        View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

A Bad Experience, A Warning, and A Request
« on: Today at 04:16:08 AM »

Modify

I recently purchased a large order of seeds from Silverhill, and made the mistake of shipping via Aramex Courier. Aramex uses UPS as their local carrier within the USA.
My package was shipped with a Small Lots Permit label.
At Louisville, Ky [port of entry] UPS invented a one cent customs charge; and added $82 in Customs Brokerage Fees. The only way UPS could get custody of the package in Louisville would be removing the permit label or bypassing customs.
If Customs received the package with the permit label, customs would have forwarded it directly to PPQ, Seattle.
 I reported the incident to PPQ [Plant Protection and Quarentine]and ICE [Imigration & Customs Enforcement]. I refused to pay their extortion even though it meant loosing $167 on the shipment.

Warning: when buying from Silverhill, don't choose Aramex as shipper.

Request: PLEASE BOYCOT UPS.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:12:00 PM by MarcR »
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Australis

Re: A BAD EXPERIENCE, A WARNING, AND A REQUEST
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 11:26:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Marc.

Here in Australia, Aramex (formerly Fastway) is the worst of the courier services too - they managed to lose an order of garden stakes and they were only coming from the other side of the city. I would advise against them too.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal