General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Helleborus 2022

<< < (8/10) > >>

Gabriela:
Guff - wonderful collection! and
Nice to see the first one flowering Leena!

--- Quote from: Jeffnz on April 23, 2022, 10:15:05 PM ---Gabriela
That is a very dark form of Cherry Blossom. Assume it was from NWGN?

--- End quote ---

I don't know Jeff, most probable. I bought it from a small nursery here as a very young plant with one flower :) It is indeed a very nice specimen of the Cherry Blossom strain.

Jeffnz:
Leena
Bit surprised to see that the multifidus flowers have a tinge of pink to the flower back, always thought that this species was always green in and out.
Guff
Are the doubles all ex ETH?
Gabriela
Most of the Cherry Blossom series do not have the intense base colour of your one.

Buddy:
Here are a group of H. multifidus in my garden, probably mixed sub-species and/or crosses.
The second picture shows the flower stem of the plant at the bottom of the first photo looking very different to the foliage emerging below.

ian mcdonald:
I have received two double yellow Hellebores from Twelve Nunns Nursery. Thanks for the information.

Leena:

--- Quote from: Jeffnz on May 01, 2022, 10:19:36 PM ---Leena
Bit surprised to see that the multifidus flowers have a tinge of pink to the flower back, always thought that this species was always green in and out.

--- End quote ---

It may be a hybrid, you are right. It was grown from seed exchange seeds, so the mother plant was garden grown.
Still, it is fully deciduous unlike any of my Helleborus x hybridus.
The other H.multifidus with green flowers (picture in the first page) is from wild collected seeds (from a location where I'm told there isn't any other species), and looks more like it should,
though it does not have as fine leaves as Ian's plant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version