General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Helleborus 2022

<< < (3/10) > >>

arisaema:

--- Quote from: Jeffnz on March 31, 2022, 10:05:00 PM ---Is there winter snow cover?

--- End quote ---

There is plenty of snow in Baoxing, but I'm not sure how stable the snow cover is... Sleet, snow and winter rain, the edge of the Tibetan plateau here in Sichuan gets an awful lot of precipitation year round; it's perhaps most similar to the climate in south-west Norway or north-west Scotland.

Jeffnz:
Arisaema
Thx, this does suggest to me that maintenance of year rood moisture is the key factor. What about maximum temperatures during dormancy
My garden climate is wet wintrers, no snwo and very dry hot summers with temperatures exceeding 30 degrees Celsius.

Jeffnz:
Does anyone continue to grow liguricus and checked if the flowers do have a scent?
If the answer is yes can seed be collected?
This wolud be what Diane is seeking.

Diane Whitehead:
or does anyone live near the coast Liguria in northern Italy and could sniff the wild flowers and collect pollen from the best-scented ones?

Diane

Guff:
Thinking next year, Thibetanus might put up two flowering stalks?

It's interesting, last year my other plant had 5 flowers. I found it bent over one day. Thinking a deer or another animal stepped on it. This year it looks to be just a single leaf coming up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version