We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: NARGS SEED EXCHANGE  (Read 694 times)

MarcR

NARGS SEED EXCHANGE
« on: March 16, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »
I just got my second round seed order [100 packets] 92 of them from my first choice list!
I am quite thrilled! many of them are rare or hard to locate .  I will need to wait 2 or 3 weeks to start them; because, I already have seedlings of 193 species growing under lights indoors [mostly from the NARGS and PBS exchanges]. I have nearly .8 acre and I am having to mow less and less of it.
I also have 4 flats of seeds not sprouted either under lights, under the bed, or in the fridge.
I mentioned earlier, in the Gesneriad forum, that indoor plants don't do well for me because I use wood heat. We have 2 bathrooms one of which is unused. I start my seeds on plywood shelves, with LED grow lights, suspended over the unused bathtub full of water.  a cold water humidifier is rigged to automatically  refill itself and runs continually.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:17:25 PM by MarcR »
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Rick R.

• Hungry for Knowledge
Re: NARGS SEED EXCHANGE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 10:17:08 PM »
Especially this year, there were a plethora of really nice seed selections in the second round of NARGS seed.  I think I ordered 50.  Good to know I'll be getting them soon. 
Rick Rodich
just west of Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
USDA zone 4, annual precipitation ~24in/61cm

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal